7 Days in New Orleans Real Estate
As we move into the end of the summer season, it’s time to take a quick look at what’s happening in the New Orleans residential real estate market.
Over the last 7 days, here’s the activity for Orleans Parish.
- New Listings: 119
- Price Decrease: 177
- Price Increase: 6
- Back on the Market: 19
- Sold: 77
- Withdrawn: 26
- Expired: 42
- Under contract/pending: 100
- Lowest sold price: $23,000 – 1301 Lamanche Street, a fixer upper in poor condition
- Highest sold price: $1,875,000 – 1114 Burgundy Street, a restored Creole cottage in the French Quarter
- Lowest priced new listing: $24,900 – 3426 Blair Street in Algiers, a fixer upper in poor condition
- Highest priced new listing: $2,950,000 – 1231 Bourbon Street #1231, a condo in the French Quarter
The overall market
There are currently 1,725 residential properties for sale in New Orleans. The average listing has 3 bedrooms, 3 baths, 2,319 square feet of living area, and is listed for $492,219.
The median listing has 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, 1,888 square feet of living area, and is listed for $345,000.
Need advice on buying or selling a New Orleans home? We’ve got neighborhood experts standing by, ready to help you today. 504-327-5303