- single and double shotguns and cottages
- originally a working class neighborhood
- smattering of new construction
- home of annual St. Patrick’s parade and celebrations
- active neighborhood association
Tucked into a few square blocks between the river and Magazine Street on the edge of the Garden District, the Irish Channel has a wonderful, colorful past. While the roots of the neighborhood are steeped in Irish ancestry, the Channel today is called home by a wonderful mix of people. Just don’t ask them about the boundaries of the Channel, because everyone has a different opinion!
Dining in the Channel
- Joey K’s