Bathroom Staging Tips
One thing that we’ve learned over the years is that kitchens and bathrooms sell houses. Paint colors are easy to change, flooring can be replaced and landscaping can add curb appeal. But the thought of having to do a major kitchen or bath remodel can stop some home buyers in their tracks.
If you don’t have an updated bathroom in your home, what can you do to make that room show at its best?
We talked with a home stager and asked for bathroom staging tips to make it show-ready. She offered the following recommendations to help you make yours more inviting.
- Clean out your bathroom medicine cabinet and drawers.
- Remove all personal items from around the bathtub such as shampoo, razors, and shaving cream.
- Update show curtains and bathroom rugs.
- Use fluffy white towels in your bathroom that won’t be used on a daily basis.
- Repair leaky faucets and runny toilets.
- Replace light switch covers with new white ones.
- Peel and stick tile that looks like natural stone is an inexpensive easy fix for a bathroom floor that is worn or damaged.
- Repair any cracks in the caulking around sinks and tub.
- Curtain panels make great shower curtains and add a luxurious feel to the bathroom
- Use items in your bathroom that resemble what is used in a spa to promote a feeling of relaxation.