Pricing Your New Orleans Real Estate
Has your house been listed for a few months now, but it’s still sitting on the market? It may be that you are clinging to an outdated asking price. When it comes to considering a change in pricing your New Orleans real estate, there are several things to take into account.
How to know if it’s time to change the price
- You’re getting plenty of showings, but no offers
- You are getting what you consider “low ball” offers
- The feedback from showings almost always includes a reference to the price being too high
- You are the highest priced home in your neighborhood
- Other homes in your neighborhood have come on the market and been sold already
- You have a deadline to move
Of course, you should always discuss your pricing strategy with your agent, who can provide the details on every home recently sold and listed in your neighborhood. There’s more to pricing than just the price! Knowing if your competition is in the same condition, offering any perks to buyers…these are critical components as well that will help you position yourself for success.